teamgreene: Our life after transplant

A continuation of our journey from pre-transplant to post-transplant and beyond.

Monday, May 10, 2010

There's good news and there's bad news...

Riley and his nanny, Lexi before school

The good news is, Riley started school today and did so good! The class had circle time and listened to songs and sang about the days of the week and months of the year. We could tell it made Riley happy because he talked and smiled through the whole circle time. After that, he sat in a bean bag and played with some toys. He had some chocolate milk with his lunch (their lunch is about the time is usually having breakfast)and called it ice cream. I stayed for a little while but had to leave Riley and Lexi and go to work. Even after school, Lexi called to tell me what a great day Riley had.

Around 5:20pm, I was getting ready to leave work and got another call from Lexi. As soon as she said my name, I knew something was wrong. She said Riley was having a seizure. They were at Baskin Robbins about to get ice cream when it happened. I told her to hang up and call 911, turn Riley on his side and I would be right there. I called Joel and told him to call Riley's doctor, then I also called 911 so I could give them more details about Riley's condition. The seizure lasted several minutes but was localized to his face. he had another one once we were in the ER. After doing blood work, everything came back okay, and everyone agreed that this was probably a result of weaning Riley off of his anti seizure medication too aggressively. Needless to say, we've added back this med. We were discharged a little after 8pm and all is well. Riley has been very happy and very affectionate since he came out of his seizure. He actually seems to be more clear and focused than before.

Riley is resting peacefully beside me right now, which means I need to get off here and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment