teamgreene: Our life after transplant

A continuation of our journey from pre-transplant to post-transplant and beyond.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quick Update: Wed, 4/28/10 - Joel

Hey all, been a while since I've posted, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

Well, Riley just finished up with his MRI, now he's having an EEG (brain wave activity) then an Echocardiogram. He's having all said procedures done under sedation, so he's FINALLY getting some rest. I kept asking for a little something something for dad, but I guess they have rules against that.

I'd say overall, each day has gotten a bit worse than the day before, as for Riley's behavior and sleeping. Last night he was up at 3 am (for the rest of the night), and the night before he was up by 4 am. Pappa Bear does NOT do good without sleep, so not only is Riley moody, but I've been a bit of an A$$ myself (sorry Teresa)!

Even with the lack of sleep, Riley was in a great mood yesterday evening around 6 pm. He was smiling and laughing, at what we're not sure, but he was making this little squeeking sound like babies do when they laugh. It was great to see, but pretty sure he was delirious from lack of sleep and excessive chocolate intake (he wouldnt' eat, so I kept him fueled on candy yesterday). I'm sure that has nothing to do with his not sleeping.

We meet with Dr. Martin tomorrow to review the results from all the testing, so that should be enlighening. We're very anxious to see what's been going on in Riley's brain, which will help us all understand how to address his "issues".

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment