teamgreene: Our life after transplant

A continuation of our journey from pre-transplant to post-transplant and beyond.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Update

After surgery last night, Riley was snug as a bug in a rug. Or, in warm heated blankets in this case. Since he still had not woken up around 10pm, I decided to go home and leave Uncle Brian on duty for the night. I just knew when I left and he was still swaddled in blankets in his bed that he was out for the night. I went home and got ready for bed and finally laid down around 11:30. Around 12:30am, the phone rang and it was Brian asking if I would come back to the hospital. Riley was up and not very happy. Of course I said yes and started stumbling out of the bed to throw on clothes on, when Brian called back and said he thought Riley was starting to calm down and not to come. I had THE best night of sleep I have had in months. At 7am, Brian called to ask me to come up to the hospital and I could tell it had not been a good night. I got there and Riley was happy to know I was there. Brian said he was going to smoke a cigarette and never came back! He did call back to say he had to go get some sleep. Apparently neither Brian or Riley got much sleep last night.

On my way to the hospital this morning, Riley's doctor called me to say his cultures are still coming back positive. We can not go home until he has negative cultures for 24 hours. We are waiting to get the results of the 2am cultures now. She said it could be the weekend before we go home. Not what I wanted to hear this morning. Riley has still had a low fever off and on today and has still vomited several times today. This concerns me a little since he has been on antibiotics since Monday and still has the fever and vomiting. Also, Riley is now confined to his room. He is on isolation (from the other patients only) because of testing positive for MRSA.

Other than that, Riley had a pretty good day. He is sleeping soundly beside me now and hopefully that will continue the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment